Sunday 18 May 2008

Fwd: Getting the geometric square slowly tumbling



So, ages ago I drew this text as a logo/graphic identity for a new club night called 'JUNK'. Id be drawing lots of little cubes when I was doing illustrations and wanted it to translate into text.

I found this girl called Rudi. She's a 3rd year at Middlesex & she was doing some pretty interesting stuff with cubic text. So i thought id give her a shout here because she took the time to talk to me for ages about the Uni and her course, and it seemed relevant.

The guy i did the design for ended up turning my work down and going for a kid-with-photoshop special which was a bit like, wtf, but also my first lesson in how a 'client' really wont understand why handrawn geometric type is way cooler than a downloaded 'splat' brush and a dodgey dafont.com font on top of it, which is probably going to happen a few more times id imagine.

Props to Wraith for this sweet idea.
Chris V.
P.S Crap, I tried to be smart and custom it. Can you please delete the last post so it doesnt have that pony white text?
P.S.S: Double crap, I left the stupid forwarding boxes on that last one. So now you have 2 to delete. I'm really not trying to be a spammer here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that this is probably not for you! I really respect your opinion and I’m wondering if you would take a look at it and give me your feedback.

I am looking to expand an online travel business with a totally new technology, in this local area. There is very high income potential & lots of perks. No experience is necessary & they can earn as they learn.

Who would you recommend?

Go to: http://www.prioleautravel.worldventures.biz and checkout the 1,2,3 step tour and look around.